We're Hiring Software Developers in Melbourne, Australia!
Are you starting out in your career as a software engineer and want to have direct experience of making production-ready code in a small team of professionals?
Do you like thinking about how your code can create value to users and the broader service a business provides?
Do you like applying your analytical skills to new problems?
If you have been nodding along in agreement with the above questions, then we would love to chat with you about career opportunities with Adnuntius!
Position: Junior Back-End Software Engineer
We’re looking to hire a junior back-end developer to help us build Adnuntius Advertising — an advertising management and delivery system that serves customers the world over and handles billions of requests each month. Our system is primarily built using Java and deployed to bare-metal servers running in multiple data centres distributed around the globe.
We need someone who is self-directed, can receive general guidance about what needs to be done and take responsibility over making it happen. Our team structure is almost completely flat — we are all developers, with no team or dev leads; no project managers or business analysts; and no architects.
As a junior developer, you would be given guidance to implement a feature and you would work out how best to achieve the objectives while leaning upon the expertise of your more experienced co-workers. You’ll get a wide education in building robust, maintainable software in a friendly environment.
Current Tech Stack
- Java for application development
- Kafka for messaging
- PostgreSQL for relational databases
- Python for quick tooling, scripting and testing
- Elastic for search
- Gradle for build scripts
- Guice for dependency injection
- Consul for configuration management and service discovery
- Prometheus for gathering, storing and alerting upon application metrics
- Grafana for monitoring and visualisation of system performance
- HAProxy for load balancing
- Nginx for web serving and reverse proxying
- Ansible for automating machine management and deployments
- Linux for development and hosting
- Git for version control
- GitLab for continuous integration and code review
Ideally, we are looking for candidates whose interests lie in back-end technologies, but not necessarily with any direct experience with any one piece of technology that we currently use.
General Perks of Working with Adnuntius
- 5 weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to work from home
- Ability to salary sacrifice one laptop and phone each year
- No standard development machine:
- we will supply you with a machine, but you can also work from your own machine if you prefer
- you can install your OS of choice and manage your own machine
Areas We Can Improve Upon
- No in-house barista, although unlimited do-it-yourself coffee is available
- Beer is not provided from Monday to Thursday (inclusive)
- We have Santa hats but no ping-pong table
If you have made it this far, and are interested in learning more, then please drop us a line at email@example.com.
You can find more information about how Adnuntius approaches software development in this Medium article.